Soooooooo after trying on over 30 dresses at 4 different bridal shops; I found my dress!!! I planned a bridesmaids trip to NYC a couple weekends ago; I did not intend on finding a dress, but low and behold, I did.
Initially, dress shopping was fun! I was excited to finally play dress up. I knew early on which style of dress I preferred, so that narrowed my options fairly quickly.
Before Sam proposed, I fell in love with Pronovias’ design. A bride that I followed chose a Pronovias gown for her big day and when I saw it on her, I had to have it. I ended up trying it on, but it wasn’t the one. But, I found the one at the Pronovias flagship store in New York. The stylist, Sam, (what a coincidence!) was super sweet and patient. The appointment ran over by about 30-ish minutes, because I couldn’t take the dress off!! Ughhhh I’m obsessed. STILL.
After multiple trips I learned a few things that every bride should consider.
1. Research the bridal salons to determine the style of dresses they carry and if its compatible with what you want. Every salon has a list of designers they carry which aligns with their price range and style. Research each salon’s social media and website prior to booking your appointment.
2. Book an appointment and book it early. 99% of salons are appointment only and each appointment is about 1.5 hours. Book as far in advance as you can.
3. Limit who you go shopping with: others’ opinions—especially their preferences —will sway your decision. My friends loved a dress similar to this one! Its more of their style, not mine, so I knew it wasn’t the dress for me.
4. Don’t rely on other peoples’ views of a dress to determine whether you like it.
5. Your reaction to your dress will differ from others! Just because other brides cry, doesn’t mean you will, and thats OK!
6. Be confident in what you like and what you don’t like. This goes back to my first point. If your friends like a style that you don’t, don’t cave because the dress might look great on you.
7. Its OK to “sleep on it.” I didn’t buy my dress right away, but I still knew that it was the one for me.
Enjoy it! This is supposed to be a fun time. This moment was bittersweet for many reasons, so I wasn’t 100% happy the entire time. But I was extremely happy when I tried on my dress and decided that its the one! AHHHHHH
Can’t wait to share pictures of the dress!