As 2014 comes to an end, I’ve found myself reflecting on the could haves and the what ifs. But I’m happy to say that I’m not overly excited for this year to come to an end nor do I feel like this year could have been a million times better. I’m happy to say that I’ve grown in more ways than I thought was possible. I’ve realized that I continue to evolve and I know in the future that will continue to happen.
I no longer take others opinions as the end all be all. I take them with a grain of salt. I still don’t know who I am yet, so how could anyone else? Only one man knows for sure.
I’ve learned so much from my experiences this year and I don’t look at them through a negative lense. I appreciate them, because without all that I’ve endured I wouldn’t be who I am today.
I’m thankful for this year because I learned to:
1. Love myself first
2. Accept people for who they are
3. Don’t try to change others
4. Don’t hold grudges
5. People come and go. Sometimes the best part is when they go.
6. Never let the people you love feel unappreciated
7. Be thankful
8. Your life isn’t going to go as you planned. His plan alway prevails.
I hope your year was filled with wonderful memories (expected + unexpected).